Silver Bullet Tiny House Sustainable Swap Social Weekend
July 19 – July 20, Newbury, Ma., Saturday 9AM – Sunday 6PM
You are invited to participate in a tiny house social opportunity with artists, artisans, tiny house enthusiasts and builders, a local organic chef, local organic wines, and 12 other participants.
Last weekend we received permission to announce our last summer social prior to the Silver Bullet Premiere Event. We have been madly, excitedly, planning ever since!
This event will cost $55.00 each and that includes Saturday dinner and Sunday brunch and wine! Why so little, you say?
We are very pleased to announce that we received a grant from local donors to underwrite the cost of this event for the Silver Bullet Tiny House/Classroom if we do it within July!! At a recent festival, an additional donor funded 5 full scholarships to any participant who may be unemployed, underprivileged or underfunded!
To see if you qualify, fill out application attached and send to email@example.com (you will have an answer within 48 hours). Speakers will be announced Monday on the website.
To register, please send $55.00 via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive confirmation, event details, directions, what to bring, etc.
Info about the weekend available at this time :
• You can pitch your tent as early as 6PM Friday evening, July 18th, or book a room at any of our local Inns, details in confirmation email.
• We are only 7 minutes from exquisite Plum Island and 4 minutes from Newburyport, which you could visit Friday night after you pitch your tent or late Sunday afternoon.
• Enjoy the stars, dinner, wine and new friends around the firepit or play “torch croquet”.
• Two local organic meals provided and plenty of water. Saturday night dinner and Sunday brunch. All meals will be vegetarian made with the option of adding separately prepared and presented local vegetables, local shrimp, range free chicken and beef. Two glasses each of local organic wine, if desired, will be included. If you have special dietary concerns, please let us know.
• Our donors have requested we have this event this month and so we are lining up speakers since their donation last Saturday. If you have expertise in a tiny house topic or know someone who does, please contact email@example.com, thanks. (Barter)
• Very clean and well-managed compost toilet facilities.
* Demo’s/hands-on experience with any number of projects that interest you:
Vermicomposting, organic gardening, window installation, cedar or metal siding, roofing, interior siding, tiny house décor/design, tiny life transitioning, Silver Bullet Tour/Q&A, History of/Why Barter?, how to repurpose found objects, leftovers, surplus stuff. Not to mention that each participant will be asked to bring a skill they can share with the group. (Some building material samples available)
• Limited to 12 participants, no pets, no children under 18 allowed.
• Those folks (there are 6 of you) who registered for the last event and last minute, could not come, are allowed to apply their previous amount towards this event. We cannot wait to see you!!!
***Proceeds from this event will benefit TerraBluTeams.org , a sustainability education 501c3 non-profit, that helps under privileged youth, college students and seniors learn new skills
• How to build a mortgage free tiny house under $10K
• How to design a sustainable lifestyle to become resilient
• Cradle to Cradle Design & Product Lifestyle Assessment
• Holistic Systems Thinking – Capra/Meadows
• 7 R Challenge in 7 Weeks – Rethink, Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Repair & Repurpose
City, State, Zip_______________________________________
Websites/URL’s where we can see your work and learn more about you:
The skill you would like to share:
In 100 words or less, tell us why you are worthy of this scholarship and what sustainability means to you:
Please list 2 folks who would recommend you and their phone numbers:
Please email this completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive an answer within 48 hours.