World Water Day, March 22, 2015 (Week #11)
The Why and What:
This Sunday, March 22nd, is World Water Day. Globally it will be celebrated for bringing awareness to water for sustainable development in health, nature, urbanization, industry, energy, food, and equality.
In the last few weeks we have explored our water footprint, reduced our use and energy of this resource, learned about our own watershed and discovered how to harvest rainwater.
This week we will celebrate water by supporting awareness of sustainable development of this resource and its conservation.
Celebrate the world’s greatest resource while helping others and increase awareness of water conservation.
Some things you can do:
1. Wear Blue for Water on Friday, March 20, 2015.
3. Join the New York City Walk on March 22nd and help Carry the Burden.
4. Join an event near you!
5. Show an educational video to your children, family and friends.
6. Adopt your local watershed by cleaning streams, performing water monitoring or other activities, here (EPA).
7. Surf your watershed to find citizen based groups involved in stewarding your watershed.
8. Encourage your school or community to teach your kids the 100+ ways to conserve water here.
90 second video water conservation tips for kids
How to Save Water Six Easy Ways, 1.5 minute Youtube video